Gympie Community Place – Volunteering Opportunities
Do you have time, knowledge and skills to share?
Have you ever experienced the satisfaction and joy of volunteering?
Gympie Community Place has a long history of people volunteering to support the centre and to support their community. Our volunteers are essential to Gympie Community Place being able to provide essential services and supports, to the local community and to those in need. We could not do what we do without our volunteers.
Volunteers fill many diverse roles at the centre:
- Reception support
- Governance (Management Committee roles)
- Specialist Client Support Services (such as Tax Help & Ticking Boxes)
- Social group & activity group support
- Event planning
- Community development & engagement
- Garden Care & General Maintenance
Helping others kindles happiness
Volunteering has obvious benefits for the centre, the services and supports we provide, and to the broader community.
But it also has benefits for volunteers…..
- Giving and helping others can increase your own happiness and sense of worth
- Being involved in your community can increase your connections with others and can significantly reduce isolation
- Sharing your knowledge and skills with others can increase your self-confidence and self esteem
- You can learn new things, maintain or increase your own knowledge and skills
- You can meet new people
How do I become a volunteer?
If you would like to know more about becoming a volunteer please contact us. You are welcome to email your resume and a cover letter OR a simple expression of interest. Tell us a little about you: what you are interested in, what skills you have to share or hope to learn, why you would like to get involved.
You can drop it into the centre or post it to us at 18 Excelsior Road, Gympie. Or give us a call on 5482 1147.