Gympie Community Place in partnership with the Australian Tax Office provides a Tax Help service between July and October each year.
Tax Help is provided by accredited community centre volunteers who provide a free and confidential service to help people complete their tax returns online.
Tax Help is a free service that provides assistance for individual tax return lodgement.
It is not available for business returns or complex, individual tax returns.
What Is Available?
- Assistance with lodging your tax return electronically
- Making an amendment to your lodgement
- Assistance to create a My Gov account if you don’t already have one
Am I Eligible?
The parameters of this service are set by the Australian Tax Office.
You are eligible to use Tax Help services if your income is around $60,000 or less for the income year and you did not:
- work as a contractor, for
examplea contract cleaner or taxi driver
- run a business, including as a sole trader
- have partnership or trust matters
- sell shares or an investment property
- own a rental property
- have capital gains tax
- receive royalties
- receive distributions from a trust, other than a managed fund
- receive foreign income, other than a foreign pension or annuity
How Do I Get Assistance?
Assistance is available by appointment only. We can make Tax Help appointments from mid July, after we receive our resources & equipment from the ATO.
To make an appointment you can call into the centre or give us a call on 5482 1147.
Tax Help services are only available from late July to the end of October. Assistance is not available at any other time of the year.
What Do I Need to Bring To My Appointment?
You will be provided with a list of information and supportive documentation required for your appointment, when you make that appointment. If you attend you appointment without the correct information & documentation, it is unlikely we can assist and your appointment will be rescheduled.
You should allow 30 minutes to 1 hour for your Tax Help appointment.
If you would like more information about the service or you would like to make an appointment please call the centre on 5482 1147.