THIS SERVICE IS CURRENTLY SUSPENDED DUE TO COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS
We hope this service can return soon and this will be reviewed in early 2021.
Public Use Phone & Computer
Gympie Community Place has a telephone and a computer available for use by the general public.
Please be aware that the phone & computer are located in a public, busy and often noisy space within our reception area. Unfortunately they are not suitable for any use where you require privacy or quiet.
Both phone and computer are available during the following hours:
- Monday to Thurday, from 9am to 3pm
- Friday from 9am to 11.30am
This is a free service – no costs apply for use.
Appointments are not necessary – you can just drop in. However someone else maybe using the service – so if you need to use the phone or computer at a specific time, we do recommend you make a booking to secure the space. You can make you booking at reception or by giving us a call on 5482 1147.
There is a 1 hour maximum usage time on both the phone & computer.
This space is wheelchair accessible.
Public Use Telephone
Need to make some calls? Got no credit on your mobile? You can use our phone to:
- call 1300, 1800 or 13 numbers
- call Government Departments (such as Centrelink or Housing)
- call services (Doctor, Social Worker, Counsellor, Solicitor etc.)
- call family or friends (for a lift, for some help, for emotional support etc.)
The phone cannot be used for international calling.
Public Use Computer
Our computer can be used to:
- check your emails
- access the internet for general research and access to service providers websites
- create basic documents using Word or Excel (such as a resume or letter)
- complete on line forms or applications for assistance
We may also be able to assist with some limited printing, scanning & faxing. Conditions apply so please speak to staff about your requirements.