Healthy Play Project
The “Healthy Play” project is an initiative of the Gympie Local Level Alliance. It is managed by Gympie Community Place and funded by the Australian Government through the PHN (Primary Health Network).
The initiative aims to support child development and school readiness for vulnerable families in the Gympie region.
Healthy Play is targeted at vulnerable families living in the Gympie region with children aged 0-5 years and/or home schooled children.
Healthy Play is available for families who would like information and support around:
- Child behaviours
- School readiness
- Health & Wellbeing
- Life & family chanllenges
- Connecting with community
- Connecting with services
- Navigating service systems
What is Healthy Play?
Healthy Play is a mobile play service that goes out into the community to connect with families. We host drop in play sessions at community events and locations.
The Healthy Play worker can provide:
- General inforamtion & support
- Basic developmental assessments for children
- Access to clinical screening & assessments for children
- Advocacy to access health & primary care services
- Advocacy and support to access allied health services
- Information and referrals tolink families with community supports
- Education sessions with content determined by parents
How Much Does It Cost?
Healthy Play is a free service – there is no cost.
How Do I Access The Project?
You can contact Healthy Play directly to find out when and where the drop in play sessions are happening. And keep an eye out for us at community events.
You can also access the worker directly.
For all information contact Healthy Play via email on firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile phone on 0497 159 254
Or you call the Community Centre on 5482 1147 and we can pass on a message for you.
Current Healthy Play events and activities information can be found in the “What’s On” section of this website.