Community happens when people are connected.
We provide a welcoming space for people to connect to each other, to connect to information and services, and to connect to community.
What we believe in…
- Integrity – We will do the right thing, the right way. We are genuine, honest and honourable in our dealings.
- Respect– We will value the feelings, wishes and rights of others. We are considerate, courteous and kind.
- Caring– We believe that community means caring for people. We practise compassion, empathy and understanding.
- Diversity– We are all people and we all belong here. We embrace differences and value uniqueness.
- Teamwork– We are all in this together and together we can! We practise collaboration, not competition.
- Accountability– We are responsible for our actions and behaviours. We have a strong commitment to transparency.
Our Code of Conduct
All persons working at the centre must:
- Support the mission and vision statements, the values and objectives of the service
- Conduct themselves within organisational policy and procedure guidelines
- Ensure their role is performed with integrity, honesty and professionalism
- Maintain privacy & confidentiality to the highest level
- Ensure that client’s rights are met within the responsibilities of the service
- Treat all persons with respect
The Objects of The Association
- To work towards the positive growth and development of our community
- To provide information, activities and services that increase the capacity, resilience and wellbeing of our community
- To provide a welcoming and accessible meeting place for community activities
- To work proactively and collaboratively with others to deliver flexible, responsive and holistic services
- To always function ethically and sustainable
- To contribute to the relief of poverty, sickness and other adversity, and to promote the wellbeing of individuals, groups and communities who are disadvantaged and vulnerable
- To undertake or carry out any other charitable work or purpose