Gympie Community Place has various rooms available for hire, and aims to provide a pleasant and professional environment for your workshop, meeting, event or activity. The Community Centre aims to provide these facilities at a reasonable cost, giving affordable access to everyone.
We have various sized rooms available for hire including hot desks or counselling rooms, as well as small, medium and large sized meeting rooms. We can cater for one person or up to 100 people.
Our Rooms: Capacity & Costs
Hot Desks and Counselling Rooms - 6 private rooms available
Ideal for counselling, temporary office space, one on one or very small groups - maximum room capacity is 4 people. These rooms are pre-furnished with a desk and 4 chairs. They are air-conditioned and private.
$15/hour, $45/half day (max 4 hours) $70/Full Day Rate
Small Meeting Rooms - 5 rooms available
Ideal for smaller groups of 10 - 15 people. 5 different small meeting rooms are available and all of them are furnished. Three of these rooms are set up simply with 2 tables and 10 chairs. Our children's room has 2 tables and seating for 12 as well as a small kitchenette and an adjoining playground. The fifth small meeting room has been set up as a private lounge room, with comfortable lounge seating for 5-6 people - for those looking for a more personal or intimate space.
These rooms (except the children's room) are all air conditioned. The children's room has fans and large glass doors out onto the covered play area.
$20/ hour, $55/half day (max 4 hours) $100/ Full day
Large Meeting Rooms - 2 rooms available
We have 2 large meeting rooms which an cater for up to 40 - 60 people seated on chairs, or 16 - 48 seated at tables. The seating capacity of each room is dependent on how you need it set up for your use? Seating plans and room photos are available so please talk to staff about your requirements.
These rooms are NOT set up - but tables and chairs are in an adjoining store room. You have options in relation to setting up rooms - you are most welcome to do it yourself or we can do it for you. A fee does apply for set up - see the "Our Rooms - additional services" section down the page a bit further, for more information on set up.
Both of these large meeting rooms have direct access from the car park and have open verandah spaces. Please be aware that these large meeting rooms are not air-conditioned.
$30/ hour, $85/half day (max 4 hours) $140/ Full day
Extra Large Meeting Room - 1 room available
Our largest space can accommodate up to 100 people seated, or between 30 and 80 people at tables. As with the large meeting rooms, the capacity of this room is dependent on how it is set up. Seating plans and room photos are available so please talk to staff about your requirements.
This room is NOT set up - but tables and chairs are in an adjoining store room. You are most welcome to set up the room yourself or we can do it for you. A fee does apply for set up - see the "Our Rooms - additional services" section down the page a bit further, for more information on set up.
The Extra Large Meeting room is formed by opening up our two large meeting rooms. It has 2 points of direct access to the car park and to the kitchen via a servery window. It has veranda's on 2 sides including one which opens onto a lovely garden space. Please be aware that this room is not air conditioned.
$45/ hour, $150/half day (max 4 hours) $260/ Full day
Our Rooms - facility information
Location & Access
The Gympie Community Place is in a convenient location just off the Bruce Highway, 2 hours north of Brisbane. We are within easy walking distance of Gympie's largest shopping centre complete with cafes and food court.
You will find us located on the corner of Excelsior Road and Stanley Street in Gympie. The main access point including our car park is off Stanley Street.
- The centre has full disability access, disability parking and a disability bathroom complete with shower
- We have car parking on site at the centre and ample street parking on Stanley Street
- The rooms are available 7 days a week between 8am and 10pm. Please note special conditions apply to room use outside of normal office hours - please speak to staff for more information.
Building Facilities - shared spaces
The meeting rooms have various areas that are shared spaces - meaning that all room users have access to these spaces during their room use. These shared spaces include:
- Kitchen - this space is kitted out with crockery, cutlery, glassware and some serving items such as trays. It has a permanent boiling water tap for making tea & coffee. We also have various size urns and a bain-marie available for use if required. The kitchen has a large catering fridge with plenty of room for food trays and platters. There is a microwave and a dishwasher available for use. Please note that the kitchen has no cooking facilities. It is not a commercial kitchen and has no oven or stove.
- Toilets and a disability bathroom including shower and baby change station
- Outdoor Room - this is a lovely outdoor, covered space with a large table and seating for 10 people. It is often used as a breakout area for group work or somewhere to have lunch! We do have a BBQ available for use also - conditions and cost apply to this so speak to our staff if you would like to use the BBQ.
- Main Reception - Our main office reception is located opposite the meeting rooms building. For those using our smaller rooms we can provide some basic reception support. We can meet, greet and seat your clients while they wait for you.... If you would like to use this shared space in this way you will need to talk to our staff about your requirements.
Our Rooms - Additional Services
We have extra services and options to enhance your room use. We can provide:
- Room Set up Service ($15) - we will set up your room for you and then pack up when you are finished!
- Tea & Coffee Service we can provide full tea & coffee service for your room booking for $2 per person, for the duration of the booking. Or of course you are most welcome to bring your own....
- Training equipment such as whiteboards, pinboards, data projectors, TV and DVD. There is no cost for these items but a booking will be required - so let us know what you need.
- WiFi - we have free WiFi available throughout the building.
Our Rooms - Other Important Information
When you make a room booking with us you will be provided with information including our "Terms & Conditions of Room Use". This clearly outlines your responsibilities when you use our rooms. When you use our rooms you are agreeing to our terms & conditions - so make sure you read this important document.
Other information you may need in relation to room hire:
- Bookings are essential! Our rooms are very popular so early bookings are strongly recommended to ensure your space!
- We do have a 1 Hour Minimum booking time
- You may access your room 15 minutes prior to your booked starting time - so you can set up. Please be mindful of finishing on time as another group may be coming into the room after you.
- Cancellation fees can be applied - but if you give us enough notice there is no penalty for cancelling a room booking
- Cleaning fees can be applied if you don't leave your room clean & tidy, and clean up after yourself in the kitchen.
- Payments for room use - we have no EFPOS or credit card facilities but we happily accept payment by cheque, cash or direct deposit. One off or occasional use will require pre-payment. Regular use can be invoiced monthly.
- Deposits on room bookings are not required
Our Rooms - Discounts
Discounts - Community Sessions
Gympie Community Place offers special room use with heavily discounted rates on room hire for completely unfunded community groups. Our discounted Community Sessions provide a discounted room use for $15 - $20 per maximum 2 hour session. For longer periods 50% of normal room rates is charged. Please note that there are strict conditions and some restrictions in community session use. You will need to speak with our staff to check your eligibility, suitable room availability and related costs.
We also like to support our local community by providing FREE room use for Community Events - things like community forums, free information sessions or workshops, network meetings etc. Room use is subject to availability and conditions apply. If you would like more information about free community event room use please speak to the centre Coordinator.
To Enquire about a booking:
Please contact the centre on (07) 5482 1147 or click enquire below and use the online form.